Monday, June 6, 2011

NYMC roomates annual BBQ get together

1)


This past weekend, we had our annual NYMC roomates get together. Sandy and Charles were gracious enough to host the event. It was Hawaiian themed. We had a new guest this time. Jennifer Hanh (previously Juhn) and her family also joined us to catch up on old times. The last time I saw her was at my wedding 7 years ago. Time flies so fast and we all have little kids running around now. We had a ton of delicious food and the kids had a great time playing with each other in the backyard. It seems our get together grows in number each time. Tom and Kimmy are expecting their 2nd child soon. By the next time we have a get together, there will be a new addition to our growing extended family.

2)


On a side note, I had beautiful natural light to shoot with (which I love!!!). I had forgotten my canon 70-200mm f4 IS lens at home but my canon 85mm f1.8 lens worked out great in the backyard. I mainly used my canon 35mm f1.4 while indoors. For the group shot, I used my tamron 17-50mm f2.8 set on a tripod with a bounce flash. Thanks Tom for letting me use your IR remote control. I need to get me one of those! All technical details aside, the reason why I put so much effort into improving my photography is so that I can capture beautiful moments like this day forever.

3)


4)


5)


6) There was a lot of meat to be BBQ'ed. Yummy yummy yummy!


7)


8) Jenny always buys 2 of everything for her twins.


9)


10) Tom packing some heat with his new canon 70-300mm lens.


11)


12) Sandy and Sandy.


13)


14)


15)


16)


17)


18)


19)


20) The kids had such a great time taking turns pulling themselves in this cart.


21) Summery backyard decorations makes for great photos.


22) The twins enjoying some ice cream.


23) Which fruit drink to get. Decisions, decisions...


24)


25) Sandy and Charles even got a snow cone machine. The kids were so spoiled!


26)


27)


28)


29)


30)


31) All Aboard the Byang express!!!


32)


33)


34)


35)


36)


37) The girls squealed with delight as they raced around the backyard in the cart.


38)


39) Our awesome hosts, Charles and Sandy. You guys have a beautiful house!


40)


41) Smile for the camera. Ok maybe not.


42) The ladies staying cool on a summer day.


43) Ok everyone, look at the camera... for the 10th time.


44) "Son, what ever you do, don't roll a seven!"


45) Jenny teaches her daughter how to build the longest road.


46)


47) Hold on little buddy!


48) "Hrm. Who should I put this robber on?"


49)


50)


51)


52)


53)


54)


55)

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hung- these are awesome pics! Thanks so much for capturing this day so beautifully for us! Many thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete


My life one click at a time...