1) Ethan started preschool today. He has been looking forward to it ever since his older sister started going to school. She would bring home wonderful stories of friends she made and fun activities she got to enjoy.
2) We gave him a goal to shoot for. If he would learn how to pee pee in the toilet, then he would get to go to school. After quite a few "accidents," the little bugger has now gotten the hang of it.
3) We got him a backpack of his favorite show, Thomas the Train. He's so tiny compared to it. I think that if it was actually filled with books, little Ethan would topple over. LOL.
4) Megan was also excited to have Ethan at school with her. Even though they would be in different classrooms, she promised to look after her little bro.
5) Our first day with Megan at preschool was the typical crying and tearful goodbyes. However, for Ethan it was quite pleasant. For those of you who do not know Ethan, he is quite outgoing. Plus he has been to Megan's school to pick and drop her off so he has met many of the teachers there. A few actually know him by name and will give him hugs. So his first day was quite easy actually. As soon as he saw the toys in the classroom, he was like...see ya later!
6) Miss Fatima gives Ethan a warm "1st day at school" welcome hug. She was also Megan's first teacher and specifically wanted Ethan in her class. He took to her right away. Sandy and I slipped out of the classroom after wards. This time around there was no crying or struggle.
7) To celebrate this momentous occasion, we went to IHOP for breakfast. Look how happy Noah is. He gets both parents all to himself. Noah, how old are you?
8) His facial eczema has practically gone. It only flares up when he is sleepy or upset and rubs his face.
9) It was nice to be out and about with just 1 baby. What a difference.
10) Noah celebrates the occasion with a scoop of whip cream from Sandy's Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity!
11) Kids grow up so fast... On a random note, my photographer friend Ken Pfeifer just launched his own photography website. Check it out!
- ► 2011 (14)
- ▼ 2010 (40)